Wednesday 20 June 2012

telling at ten weeks

We decided that if everything was fine at our 10 week ultrasound, we would tell Mic's mother and brothers and sisters. Thankfully the scan looked perfect - chick pea was upside down but little hands could be seen waving about and there was plenty of movement, as well as measuring on track. I had a really rough week at 9 weeks with nausea and extreme exhaustion, so it was a huge relief when at 10 weeks it seemed to ease up and I felt a bit more human. So yes, we took our little u/s picture and showed it to MIL. It took her a while to figure out what it was - I guess they didn't have any of that technology in her day - but she was SO happy. Of course she attributed it to us praying more and all kinds of divine intervention, but I don't begrudge her that!

So we have now told both our families and a very few close friends. I'm waiting till 12 weeks to tell my boss, and as for everyone else, there will be no announcements! They'll just have to figure it out when my belly pops. Speaking of which...I have always had a little belly anyway, but could always suck it in to nothing. Now it seems it's here to stay and although it's not any bigger than it was yet, pulling it in just doesn't work any more! I'm already using the rubber band around the button trick on my trousers, and the new bra I bought at 7 weeks is already needing replaced. I still get tired very quickly, but at least I don't have 2-hour naps at 11am any more, lol.

Feeling very blessed and lucky to be here. After 8 IVFs and a very scary start to this pregnancy, I didn't dare dream that we would ever be in this position. I'm still looking for an OB to see locally but should have my first appointment by the end of this week and start thinking about NT screening etc. I had better get a move on!

1 comment:

  1. What fantastic news ! So happy for you.
    Are taking any belly pictures through the pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete