Saturday 19 April 2014

Let's try this again

I said in my last post that I might be back here when we decided to try for another baby. So here I am, slap bang in the middle of my 2ww after my first ever FET! In my last cycle (the miraculous one that produced my son, who's now 15 months old) we had 2 morulas to freeze on day 5, and so of course the intention was to put them both back now. Unfortunately one of them didn't survive the thaw, but the other one was "good", so in it went. And we wait. I am now 6dp5dt. Remember my last cycle? Where I tested on 8dp5dt and got a BFN, and then again on 11dp5dt and got a BFP? Yeah. So I won't be testing early this time. 5 more sleeps at least. I am, naturally, realistic about our chances, I know they are slim given our history and given the slow growing embryo. But I figure that at least it has been a gentle way to start TTC again, - no shots, no ER, still a lot of money but not the huge bucks of a full IVF. And there's always a little chance, that tiny flame of hope...

I guess I should backtrack a little. I'm now 38, so we didn't want to hang about to try for no.2. On the other hand I was determined to breastfeed for a year. I got my period back in August, and got excited for about 5 minutes, thinking we could restart IVF while I was still breastfeeding. Then my RE told me that IVF is much less likely to work with breastfeeding, so we just waited it out until January. I saw my RE then who told me to do bloodwork after I got my next period, which was Feb 11. I started the estrogen which regulates the cycle, but every time I went for a monitoring appointment, my lining was not ready and not improving. Eventually we cancelled the cycle after about a month of this. It's the first time I have ever had an issue with my lining, but I guess if I want to enter the record books, I have to go through it ALL, right?  

Can I just say? I love, love, LOVE life with our little one, and I am hoping with every inch of my being that he gets to be a big brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment