Tuesday 10 April 2012

IVF#8 begins

And we're off again.  I started with a decapeptyl shot last night, and tonight I start stims. 600 IU. Monitoring on  15th.  We had to get at least 5 days worth of meds today, and I had to drain my savings account (there goes the car insurance money I had squirreled away for next month), but it's done! I've decided I like back-to-back cycles. Not so much time to sit and brood, we just hit the ground running.

People tell me I'm strong for going through so many cycles. Well, I met a woman during my last cycle who had success on her 17th attempt, and was back to try for number 2! When I get that far, I might concede that it took some grit. Come on, 8 is still single figures! Besides, I've been through much worse than this. Six years ago, I was on the verge of divorce after only a year of marriage. Coming through that needed a thousand times more strength than IVF and caused infinitely more pain. But here I am, still married and more in love than ever. And this is a challenge I don't have to go through alone. We're a team, and that makes me, not strong, but just incredibly lucky. 

No comments:

Post a Comment