Monday 23 April 2012

The scary day

By far the hardest day of any IVF cycle for me is the fertilization report. It's even harder than the BFN sometimes, because at least with a BFN I usually have some warning. But we have had 4 really terrible fert reports out of our previous 7 IVFs, so I'm always fearing the worst.

Anyway, we got our very best ever egg count yesterday, sweet sixteen, and yet still I was bracing myself for more bad news this morning. Cue Mic:

"Did he call?"
Me: "Nope.
Mic: "Did you call?"
Me: "Nope."
Mic: So there has been no calling?"
Me: "Nope. I'm too scared to call. I don't want to know."

Five minutes later the doc called. Eight fertilized. Not our best fert report ever, but far from being the worst, so I'll take it! Tomorrow I will hear how they are doing and if they are good enough to wait for a day 5 transfer.

So here's to hope, and it staying alive through another scary day.

  

2 comments:

  1. Good luck babe...hoping your sweet 16 brings you your long deserved BFP! Sending love and hugs...xxx IFzenwarrior

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks hon. Our 8 embies have now become 9 and they're looking good so we're on track for a 5dt. Hope you are feeling well and calm mama!

    ReplyDelete