Saturday 6 December 2014

And on, and on, and on...

The beta came back today at 8. Obviously no chance for a viable pregnancy. I just hope AF shows within the next 3 days and I don't have to go through beta hell. My RE said I should stop all the meds but that if AF doesn't show within 3 days I have to do a repeat beta.

I am pissed. And sad. And in renewed amazement about actually having had a pregnancy at all and having given birth to our beautiful son. It's looking like our chances were always close to zero, so it's just a miracle that he could have happened.

With 7 vials of sperm left, and given that they used 2 this time round, and that each time they are using the best vials so the quality is going to keep going down, I really don't have a lot of hope left for another biological child. I estimate we have another 4 or 5 attempts max before all the sperm is gone, and it's pretty damn doubtful that any of them will result in anything. The donor embryo issue is picking away at my mind, and in a way I would love to just abandon the bio route and go for donor embryos right away. I know that Mic wouldn't agree though, and I just hope we can do back-to-back cycles starting in January and get this over with before I turn 40.

Another random observation: despite the result, I much preferred getting it direct from the beta and not faffing around with stupid HPTs. I would do it like that again.


No comments:

Post a Comment