Tuesday 16 December 2014

The thing I hate most

The thing I hate most on this earth right now is hope. It creeps in uninvited, and soon it has taken over your house and settled in. And then it sits in your armchair and laughs at you when everything comes crumbling down.

My beta went down to 75. Of course it did! How could I have been such a fool? Who has a successful pregnancy with a beta of 8?

AF didn't come yet, although it feels like it will be here any minute. I am going on holiday in 5 days, so that would be the most bitter end, if I had to have a D&C in a foreign country and therefore have to tell Mic's family, who we're travelling with, what happened.

Things I have learned from this cycle (and I hope I never forget again):

1. My body is an absolute traitor and I will never believe any of its symptoms again.
2. I always thought it would be, but now I know, a miscarriage is way, way worse than a BFN.
3. 2015 is going to be a hell of a year. We are going to do back to back cycles starting in January until this either works or we run out of sperm. I am not looking forward to it but I just want to get it over with.
4. HPTs are stupid. I have the grit to wait for the beta, and at least it is accurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment